Hello! I'm an Assistant Professor of Computer Science at the University of Iowa. I research and teach experimental computer science with an emphasis on systems and networking. Previously, I was a postdoctoral fellow at the University of Texas at Austin, a doctoral student at the University of Massachusetts Amherst, and a graduate student at the Columbia University. If you really wind back the clock, you will find me writing system software at Cisco, ARM, and Ittiam.
I am an experimental computer scientist. I investigate how the design and operation of modern computer systems are influenced by external/societal factors, and then build system software to manage their impact. My current research explores emerging trends in law and economics, in particular, data protection regulations and cloud economics. You can find an overview of my work here.
Recent Publications (Full list)GDPR Anti-Patterns
Supreeth Shastri, Melissa Wasserman, and Vijay Chidambaram
CACM 2021 PAPER
Understanding and Benchmarking the Impact of GDPR on Database Systems
Supreeth Shastri, Vinay Banakar, Melissa Wasserman, Arun Kumar, and Vijay Chidambaram
VLDB 2020 PAPER BENCHMARK SLIDES VIDEO
- Organizing committee member: SoCC 2018, SoCC 2019, SOSP 2019, SoCC 2020
- Program committee member: CLOUD 2019, ICDCS 2019, SoCC 2019, HotStorage 2020
- Shadow program committee member: EuroSys 2017, IMC 2018, EuroSys 2019
- Invited participant: NSF workshop on Cloud Economics 2018
- Journal reviewer: IEEE Communications 2010, FGCS 2019, IEEE TPDS 2020